Are you new to Jeep Wrangler and trying to find Jeep Wrangler key fob tricks? If so, read this article carefully.
Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts know that the key fob is an integral part of the vehicle. Like most people, you probably use the key to start your car and open the door. But what about when you need to enter from the outside or when you lock yourself out?
Here are 15 tips for using a Jeep Wrangler key fob to make your life easier.
Note- You can apply these tricks to all models of Jeep Wrangler including to your 2017, 2018, and 2019 Jeep Wrangler key fob. Also, this key fob trick will help you to learn the basics of a Jeep Wrangler key fob.
Table of Contents
Basics Tips of Jeep Wrangler Key Fob
(1) Charged before use: Make sure that the key fob has been charged before using it. It is recommended that you charge the key fob for at least four hours before first using it. If you do not know how to recharge the key fob, you should consult your Jeep dealer. Insufficient power may result in the key fob not working. In this case, make sure you charge the key fob before using it and if the problem persists, replace the device.
(2) Lock and unlock: To lock and unlock your Jeep Wrangler, quickly press the “lock” button on the key fob.
(3) Start and stop: To start your Jeep Wrangler, press and hold down the “start” button on the key FOB for two seconds. To stop your Jeep Wrangler, release the “start” button.
(4) Remove metal objects: Remove any metal objects that may interfere with the fob’s signal. For example, removing metal objects from around the key fob may help improve signal strength.
(5) Check battery: Check the battery if the key fob does not work. Replace the battery if necessary.
(6) Store away from cold conditions: Keep the fob away from water and extreme cold. If you keep your key fob in cold temperatures, the battery will not last as long.
(7) Store away from direct sunlight: A Jeep Wrangler key fob is a great way to keep your vehicle secure, but it can be challenging to store the fob out of direct sunlight. By keeping the key fob in a shady area, you can protect it from UV radiation and ensure that it continues to function correctly.
Advanced Techniques of Jeep Wrangler Key Fob
(8) Resetting the Jeep Wrangler key fob:
If your Jeep Wrangler key fob doesn’t work correctly, you can try a few tricks to reset it. First, try pressing the “ignition” button and holding it down for a few seconds.
Hopefully, this will reset the fob’s internal clock and make it functional again. If this doesn’t work, try pressing and holding the “lock” button until the indicator turns green.
Finally, if all else fails, you can contact Jeep customer service, and they will reset your key fob.
(9) Programming the Jeep Wrangler key fob:
When it comes time to program your Jeep Wrangler key fob, you can use a few tricks to make the process go smoothly. First and foremost, you will need to have the VIN of your Jeep on hand when you begin to drive.
This number can be found either on the door jamb or a sticker on the center console. When you have your VIN, go to jeep.com and enter it into their search engine. There, you will be able to find a guide that will guide you through the process of programming your key fob.
Another helpful trick is to make sure that your key fob is charged before trying to program it. All Jeeps come with a USB charging cable that can be used to power your key fob. Simply plug the cable into a USB port on your computer and then plug the key fob into the other end.
If you continue to experience difficulties programming your Jeep Wrangler key fob, feel free to contact customer service. They would be happy to assist.
(10) Erasing the Jeep Wrangler key fob:
If your Jeep Wrangler key fob is just not cutting it anymore, there are some tricks you can do to erase it and start over.
First, make sure that the key fob is turned off. Next, remove the battery cover by pressing down on one of the tabs and pulling it upward. Once the battery cover is removed, you can see the two AA batteries.
Remove both batteries by gently pushing them out of the way. Finally, use a small flathead screwdriver to pry open the circuit board. Take care not to cause any damage during this process.
Once the chip has been opened, use a thin knife or wire brush to remove any residual data. Then, reassemble everything, and you’re good to go!
(11) Restoring the Jeep Wrangler key fob to factory settings:
If your Jeep Wrangler key fob has stopped working, or you want to restore it to factory settings, you can take a few simple steps.
First, turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition. Next, use a flathead screwdriver to open the key fob receiver cover. Finally, reset the key fob by pressing and holding all its buttons simultaneously until it beeps three times.
Fun Tricks and Tips for Jeep Wrangler Key Fob
(12) Check the battery level by inserting the key in the ignition and pressing the start/stop button. If the key does not start the engine, the battery needs to be charged.
(13) Reset the key fob by pressing and holding the “lock” button for three seconds. It will erase all your personal information from the key fob and reset it to factory defaults.
(14) If your Jeep starts, but does not run, check the fuel level in both tanks and fill them as needed. Also, make sure there is no obstruction in the fuel line or filter.
(15) If you have lost your Jeep key fob, you can purchase a replacement or use a key duplication service. If you decide to buy a new key fob, make sure that you remove any personal information from the old one before putting it into the new receiver.
You can unlock new possibilities with your Jeep Wrangler key fob. Also, with a bit of practice, you will be able to drive like a pro. So always try to keep these essential fob tips in mind.
In order to obtain more information and tips about your Jeep, you are encouraged to visit our website regularly. We provide you with the most reliable Jeep information, Jeep Wrangler accessories, Jeep repairs, Jeep modifications, etc.